Embarking on a road trip through New England during the peak of autumn is like stepping into a vivid painting of fiery reds, oranges, and golds.
Over the course of two weeks, you can experience the spectacular show of colors, quaint towns with charming boutiques and world-renowned restaurants, along with breathtaking sightseeing spots.
This itinerary will guide you through the best places to visit, ensuring you don't miss a single leaf-peeping moment.
Week 1: Exploring Massachusetts and Vermont
Day 1: Boston, Massachusetts - START HERE
- Start your journey in the historic city of Boston. Visit the Freedom Trail, Boston Common, and Quincy Market for a taste of the city's rich history.
Day 2: Northampton, Massachusetts (100 miles)
- Head west to Northampton, known for its vibrant arts scene and eclectic boutiques. Stroll along Main Street and explore local art galleries.
Day 3-4: The Berkshires, Massachusetts (50 miles)
- Drive to the Berkshires, a haven for leaf peepers. Take a scenic drive along Route 7 and visit the Norman Rockwell Museum and The Clark Art Institute.
Day 5: Woodstock, Vermont (150 miles)
- Cross into Vermont and arrive in Woodstock, a quintessential New England town. Explore the historic village green and browse the local shops.
Day 6-7: Stowe, Vermont (45 miles)
- Drive to Stowe, known for its stunning fall foliage. Hike the Stowe Pinnacle Trail for panoramic views and enjoy the charming town.
Week 2: New Hampshire and Maine Adventures
Day 8: White Mountains, New Hampshire (75 miles)
- Enter the White Mountains region and experience breathtaking vistas on the Kancamagus Highway. Don't miss the Flume Gorge.
Day 9: North Conway, New Hampshire (40 miles)
- Drive to North Conway, a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Explore the outlet shops and embark on a scenic train ride.
Day 10: Portland, Maine (70 miles)
- Head to Portland, a vibrant coastal city. Stroll along the Old Port waterfront, visit boutique shops, and savor fresh seafood.
Day 11-12: Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, Maine (170 miles)
- Drive to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Hike Cadillac Mountain for sunrise and explore the town's charming shops and restaurants.
Day 13-14: Kennebunkport, Maine (170 miles)
- Head south to Kennebunkport, a picturesque coastal town. Visit Dock Square for boutique shopping and dine at a local seafood restaurant.
Did you notice there aren't any ads on this blog post? Wasn't it fabulous to read through and browse the photos without distraction and popups? Yeah, we think so too! If you would like to learn how you can SPONSOR THIS POST, click to learn more!