Although Lost River Cave wasn't on our predetermined mapped out route, I was so intrigued to see this place that we made a slight detour to Bowling Green, Kentucky in order to ensure a visit!
I would have loved a historic underground boat tour but pets aren't permitted so we opted for a nice stroll of the grounds, stopping for selfies in front of the many building murals, as well as a hike on the Blue Hole Trail.
The quick loop (pet friendly) hike offered views of 2 blue holes and a natural spring. The grounds and gift shop at Lost River Cave are meticulously maintained and well stocked! These are our favorites of Lost River Cave but here are a few more reasons you should visit:
- Nature's Sanctuary: Immerse yourself in the tranquility of lush landscapes, wandering along serene trails surrounded by vibrant flora and the soothing sounds of flowing water.
- Cave Exploration: Venture into the heart of the Earth as you traverse hidden passages and marvel at stunning rock formations, uncovering the mysteries of the underground world.
- Educational Adventures: Engage in guided tours that offer fascinating insights into the geology, history, and ecology of the cave, providing a unique learning experience for visitors of all ages.
- Boat Tours: Embark on an enchanting boat tour that glides through the cave's subterranean river, providing a magical perspective on the cave's beauty and the tales it holds.
- Outdoor Activities: From bird-watching to picnicking, Lost River Cave offers a range of outdoor activities for families, friends, and solo travelers, ensuring a day filled with adventure and relaxation.
I am glad we were able to make the short stop but I do hope to someday take a ride on that underground boat!
Lost River Cave - 2818 Nashville Road, Bowling Green, KY
Did you notice there aren't any ads on this blog post? Wasn't it fabulous to read through and browse the photos without distraction and popups? Yeah, we think so too! If you would like to learn how you can SPONSOR THIS POST, click to learn more!